Director of the Volunteer Program Department
Whether you want to help your community or you want to learn more about the Romanian culture,
Whatever your volunteering interests may be, we welcome everyone who is interested in helping our organization in promoting and celebrating Romanian culture.
The Romanian Community Center offers various volunteer opportunities. We are looking for committed individuals who are able to volunteer on a regular basis, as well as for specific events we organize throughout the year. Below are our current volunteering opportunities. If you are interested in helping our organization, please fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you shortly.
Current volunteering opportunities:
* Romanian Festival 2013 (1 day event)
Location: Royer Park, 190 Park Drive, Roseville, CA (Look for Volunteer Sign-In sign)
Time: Saturday - September 28, 2013, 11:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Information: The Romanian Community Center of Sacramento is in need of volunteers to help out with the annual Romanian Festival 2013, in Sacramento California. Tasks vary depending on need. Volunteers will be helping out with the set up, activities during the festival, and clean up. Even if you can only help out for a portion of the day, your help is greatly appreciated. Please bring an ID.
* RCCS Assistant Volunteer (Ongoing)
Location: 5306 Walnut Ave. Bldg. A, Sacramento, CA 95841, and other locations in the Greater Sacramento Area
Time: Various hours throughout the month
Information: Regular volunteers will be working in the main office (located at 5306 Walnut Ave. Bldg.A), and traveling to other locations within the Greater Sacramento area for events. Tasks may include creating and distributing announcements/flyers in print and digital formats; help plan, organize, and prepare venues for events; create & maintain databases; record keep; help with fundraising; etc...
Requirements: Must be at least 16 years old, and have reliable transportation.
* Please fill in all fields of the Volunteer Application Form.
* You will have to present an ID for identification purposes before you start.
* Teens who wish to volunteer on a regular basis will need their volunteer application form signed by a parent or legal guardian before start, as well as bring a school ID for identification purposes.
* If this is a school required activity, please bring any forms/paperwork needed before you start.
* Proof of completed volunteer hours can be given upon request or completion of volunteer work for the organization.
* We do not accept volunteers who are completing community service per court order.
* Volunteering with the Romanian Community Center of Sacramento does not imply or guarantee employment.